I switched to the LT kernel because of this issue.  I was running
mainline and thought that LT would get me stability.  I can switch
back to LT while we RCA.

At the risk of changing two things, I could add that
(scsi_mod.use_blk_mq=n) to my boot and also switch back to ML.  I do
notice that disk IO is high at the time of the hang -- I've assumed it
is btrfs balance, but if I read the logs right, it may have finished
before the hang.  Adding more logging.

I've also put the kernel logs into a pastebin:  https://pastebin.com/80qRXA9c

...wish I could get the watchdog to force a dump/trace.  Will look at that, too.