On 05/03/2018 01:26 PM, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
>> My intention was to highlight that the parity-checksum is not related to the
>> reliability and safety of raid5/6.
> It may not be related to the safety, but it is arguably indirectly related to
> the reliability, dependent on your definition of reliability.  Spending less
> time verifying the parity means you're spending less time in an indeterminate
> state of usability, which arguably does improve the reliability of the
> system.  However, that does still have nothing to do with the write hole.

If you start a scrub once per week, the fact that grub requires 1 hr, or 1 day
doesn't impact the reliability, because in any case you have 1 week of
un-scrubbed data.

BR
G.Baroncelli

--
gpg @keyserver.linux.it: Goffredo Baroncelli <kreijackATinwind.it>
Key fingerprint BBF5 1610 0B64 DAC6 5F7D  17B2 0EDA 9B37 8B82 E0B5