On Fri, Jun 29, 2018 at 02:02:19PM +0800, Su Yue wrote:
> I have figured out the bug is lowmem check can't deal with shared tree block
> in reloc tree. The fix is simple, you can try the follow repo:
>
> https://github.com/Damenly/btrfs-progs/tree/tmp1

Not sure if I undertand that you meant, here.

> Please run lowmem check "without =--repair" first to be sure whether
> your filesystem is fine.

The filesystem is not fine, it caused btrfs balance to hang, whether
balance actually broke it further or caused the breakage, I can't say.

Then mount hangs, even with recovery, unless I use ro.

This filesystem is trash to me and will require over a week to rebuild
manually if I can't repair it.
Running check without repair for likely several days just to know that
my filesystem is not clear (I already know this) isn't useful :)
Or am I missing something?

> Though the bug and phenomenon are clear enough, before sending my patch,
> I have to make a test image. I have spent a week to study btrfs balance
> but it seems a liitle hard for me.

thanks for having a look, either way.

Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....