On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 10:59 AM Menion <men...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [sudo] password for menion:
> ID      gen     top level       path
> --      ---     ---------       ----
> 257     600627  5               <FS_TREE>/@
> 258     600626  5               <FS_TREE>/@home
> 296     599489  5
> <FS_TREE>/@apt-snapshot-release-upgrade-bionic-2018-08-27_15:29:55
> 297     599489  5
> <FS_TREE>/@apt-snapshot-release-upgrade-bionic-2018-08-27_15:30:08
> 298     599489  5
> <FS_TREE>/@apt-snapshot-release-upgrade-bionic-2018-08-27_15:33:30
>
> So, there are snapshots, right? The time stamp is when I have launched
> do-release-upgrade, but it didn't ask anything about snapshot, neither
> I asked for it.

This is an Ubuntu thing
`apt show apt-btrfs-snapshot`
which "will create a btrfs snapshot of the root filesystem each time
that apt installs/removes/upgrades a software package."

> During the do-release-upgrade I got some issues due to the (very) bad
> behaviour of the script in remote terminal, then I have fixed
> everything manually and now the filesystem is operational in bionic
> version
> If it is confirmed, how can I remove the unwanted snapshot, keeping
> the current "visible" filesystem contents

By default, the package runs a weekly cron job to cleanup old
snapshots. (Defaults to 90d, but you can configure that in
APT::Snapshots::MaxAge) Alternatively, you can cleanup with the
command yourself. Run `sudo apt-btrfs-snapshot list`, and then `sudo
apt-btrfs-snapshot delete <snapshot to delete>`

~ Noah