On 2018/9/5 下午9:11, David Sterba wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 05, 2018 at 01:03:39PM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
>> Tree reloc tree doesn't contribute to qgroup numbers, as we have
>
> I think you can call it just 'reloc tree', I'm fixing that in all
> changelogs and comments anyway.

But there is another tree called data reloc tree.
That why I'm sticking to tree reloc tree to distinguish from data reloc
tree.

>> accounted them at balance time (check replace_path()).
>>
>> Skip such unneeded subtree trace should reduce some performance
>> overhead.
>
> Please provide some numbers or description of the improvement. There are
> several performance problems caused by qgroups so it would be good to
> get a better idea how much this patch is going to help. Thanks.

That's the problem.
For my internal test, with 3000+ tree blocks, metadata balance could
save about 1~2%.
But according to dump-tree, the tree layout is almost the worst case
scenario, just one metadata block group owns all the tree blocks.

To get a real world scenario, I need a file with hundreds GB or even
several TB and populate it with a good amount of inline files and enough
CoW to fragment the metadata usage.
Which I don't have such free space.

Anyone who is still struggling with balance + quota, any test data is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Qu