On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, at 4:31 AM, Stefan Malte Schumacher wrote:

> I have noticed an unusual amount of crc-errors in downloaded rars,
> beginning about a week ago. But lets start with the preliminaries. I
> am using Debian Stretch.
> Kernel: Linux mars 4.9.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.110-3+deb9u4
> (2018-08-21) x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> [5390748.884929] Buffer I/O error on dev dm-0, logical block
> 976701312, async page read

Excuse me for butting when there are *many* more qualified people on this list.

But assuming the rar crc errors are related to your unexplained buffer I/O
errors, (and not some weird coincidence of simply bad downloads.), I would
start, immediately, by testing the Memory.  Ram corruption can wreak havok with
btrfs, (any filesystem but I think BTRFS has special challenges in this
regard.)  and this looks like memory error to me.