People who speak computereese do not speak English. What they do speak is
a distant variant from English.

When I took courses in networking and Unix years ago, the first thing that a
number of professors would start with is the Glossary. They would put each
of the terms in context with the history of Unix and networks.

When I took courses in French and Korean even more distant years ago, the
first thing that teachers would start with is vocabulary. They would put
each of the new words in context with the culture of the country.

The techniques used in both cases are no different.

Unfortunately, the terms in common use with Microsoft are also different.
But if you are serious about Linux, you should be able to integrate it into
Microsoft networks. That requires an understanding of both languages.

What you need is a variant of the Microsoft Computer Dictionary. I do not
know of one that exists for Linux. The basic standard, www.webopedia.com, is
sorely lacking in a number of key Linux concepts. But if you can find one,
then you can start deciding whether the minimum vocabulary is at the "See
Spot Run" or the "Catcher in the Rye" level of competence. (I don't think
that you want to go so far as requiring a Nietzsche or Heidegger level of
vocabulary. But you do want to know what this is to allow you to visualize
what the higher level of exams will look like.)