Stephen Holcomb wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> This issue likely has previously been addressed, but is the testing format
> "written" only or are practical tests an integral component?
[snip]

Right now, cert levels 1-3 are planned to be "written" (actually
computer based via VUE and/or Sylvan) only.  We have discussed the
possibility of doing a hands on cert like Cisco's CCIE, but only as a
possible tier four, and not in the immediate future.  We don't have the
resources to handle creating that kind of testing environment, let alone
rolling out something like that on an international scale.  So, short
answer: no not yet but maybe in the future.

> Also, if there is an informational document that I can review to become more
> informed of progress/consensus and decision points thus far, I would
> appreciate a reference to the document so I can make more informed
> commentary.

A rough list of past concensus points is available at:

http://www.lpi.org/cps.html

A quick check of the program details at:

http://www.lpi.org/programdetails.html

should also give you a start.  Once you get your feet wet, be sure to
head over to:

http://www.lpi.org/cgi-bin/tips.py

and start contributing to the test question base.

[snip]

Welcome aboard!

Jared