On Wed, 7 Jul 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Ok, I've extracted and pawed through the terms used in the objectives
> to form a further list of terms which we may wish to add to the list.
> I haven't yet given them definitions.  I would appreciate feedback
> if any seem inappropriate.
>
> After listing and sorting the words used in the objectives, I manually
> filtered for:  (1) acronyms or jargon, (2) terms I did not know, (3) terms
> which seemed to me to be confusing to a non-English speaker (e.g., log, as
> in "Throw another log onto the fire").  I generally resisted terms which
> were also UN*X commands (e.g, tar).
>
> http://conan.ipat.com/~cert/objlist.html

  Boy, I think we have a lot of work to do.  If there is inappropriate use
of jargon etc. that just makes the objectives more cryptic, we should
correct the objectives.  For instance, I think "log" should be replaced by
"log file", and "address" should be qualified (e-mail, IP,
network|ethernet etc.)

BTW (bY tHE wAY), what do the ** mean?

--

        Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
                NL-1062 KD nr 149       tel.    31-204080204
                        Amsterdam       e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED]