Has anyone else seen the "editorial" on Linux Today about the SAIR test
(http://linuxtoday.com/stories/7571.html )?

He complains that the test cover "useless" information, namely basic
commands and history.  While I agree with him that the tests should test
for problem solving rather than (supposedly) known inforamtion like "What
des 'ls -al' do?", I kinda agree and yet disagree about the history of un*x
being useless information.  My personal take on knowing the history agrees
with Santayana ("Those who do not learn history are destined to repeat it.").

Overall an interesting barometer of cert tests, IMO.