Does this mean we will ignore (keep no record of) tests failed?  I think
that's a good idea but I wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming.  BTW, what's
our policy on retesting?

What does EXPIRE mean?  If we will     not require certificate holders to
renew or recertify       then I think it must mean     marked as expired but
otherwise unchanged and retreivable by a background checker who visits the
LPI site      .  I would agree to that (I would use a different word than
expire like    recommend recertification      ).  I take it that this
expiration would happen only after (at least) 2 years since the person
passed an exam?  I think the complaints by Forrest and Kenneth are based in
part on misreadings of this so please clarify.

I don't think I misread it. I have certifications for IRIX administration and other "UNIX" systems and they do not "expire" , "recommend recertification" or any other words you wish to use. If you want this to be a "trade" go ahead and treat it as such, I will not be involved and I think many more will not, but if you want to treat it as a profession then once an individual has the certification that's it. I don't think you want a program like CPR do you? That requires recertification to prove competence. Is that what you are after with this certification? Or are you demonstrating that an individual has mastered a subject? Those are both two very different certification approaches, what are you after?  You can make the testing as tough as you want, I have no problem with that, but requiring recertification every two years or so just cheapens the whole process.

Enough said, you have my 2 cents, I will not bother to bring it up again. I'll just wait and see what happens....

--
               />
              /<      Ken Lund (Goomba)
              \<