2008/1/16, Patrick Boettcher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi Albert,
>
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008, Albert Comerma wrote:
> > Hi, I would like to build a driver for Pinacle 320CX card based on this
> > chips combination, I already managed to get the card detected and
> firmware
> > downloaded to dibcom chip.
> > For dvb CX25843 is useless, so it can be skiped, but the problem is how
> > add XC3028 to the dibcom chip. I've got some basic cuestions;
> >
> > - Firmware... dvb usual dibcom firmware should work for this part? which
>
> > XC3028 firmware should I use?
>
> USB firmware for dib0700 is the normal one. For Xceive, the base-firmware
> is the same as on other cards, for the standard-firmware I'm not sure, do
> you have a list of firmware available?

Ok, dib0700 firmware seems ok. What you mean  with base-firmware and
standard-fimware? is that you need two firmwares for xceive xip? I
downloaded a firmware_v4 pack with arround 30 xc3028 firmwares...

> - Gpio's, what gpio's are suposed to be used between dibcom and XC3028?
>
> It is GPIO 8 of the demod:
>
> so
> dib7000m_set_gpio(.., 8, 0, 0);
> msleep(1);
> dib7000m_set_gpio(.., 8, 0, 1);
>
> in case of dib7000m - for dib7000p it is dib7000p_set_gpio
>
> > - I2C; should be used as on other tunners, wich address uses XC3028?
>
> 0xc2 = 0x61.
>
> > I'm having a look to the latest
> > /v4l-dvb-7d364b375fb7/linux/drivers/media/video/tuner-xc2028*  I hope
> those
> > are the correct files for it...
>
> I don't know this part. Mauro was working on it, don't know if it is
> committed.

Let's hope Mauro comment something, :P

You will also need the stuff from the attachment.

Thanks a lot!!

Patrick.