On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Daniel ANDRE wrote:
> I will use these modules only to connect to one port on the server on
> which a program of my design is listenning.

Gidday Daniel,

        I think that if you are going to use only one port on one server
on your machine, then just use a serial connection.  This would involve
setting up an incoming modem and mgetty on your 'server'.  This means your
8051 or HC11 would only have to send a user name and password, which
mgetty parses then directs all data to your server program.

        No networking, no protocols, other than those hidden inside the
modem (which are a lot I think..).

        My 2 cents

Joshua Lamorie
System Designer