wouldn't the "no file system" requirement be a killer for linux?

-----Original Message-----
From: niushetuan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, July 11, 1999 11:47 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How can develop a small realtime linux

Hello linux colleagues:

    I want to develop a small rtos based on linux, the first step in the
project, i wish to develop a small rtos, it include a realtime
kernal(only implement basic rtos function, no file system), a tcp-ip
protocol module, and Debug agent base on tcp-ip, just like as Vxworks, i
hope total memory size for kernal + tcp-ip + Debug Agent only about 200k
to 300k. On the host, I hope to can using GUN tools as development
platform, so that we can develop realtime applications like as VxWorks.
i feel this configration can meet about 80% of realtime application. I
wish this platform can substitute as VxWorks ,pSOS, VRTX.

    Can you give me some information how can to do this, where can i get
some materials in these area?

    Tanks you very much.

     niushetuan

     99/07/12