From:   Vidar Hokstad [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Monday, July 12, 1999 3:10 AM
To:     niushetuan
Cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: How can develop a small realtime linux

On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, niushetuan wrote:

> Hello linux colleagues:
>
>     I want to develop a small rtos based on linux, the first step in the project, i
>wish to develop a small rtos, it include a realtime kernal(only implement basic rtos
>function, no file system), a tcp-ip protocol module, and Debug agent base on tcp-ip,
>just like as Vxworks, i hope total memory size for kernal + tcp-ip + Debug Agent only
>about 200k to 300k. On the host, I hope to can using GUN tools as development
>platform, so that we can develop realtime applications like as VxWorks. i feel this
>configration can meet about 80% of realtime application. I wish this platform can
>substitute as VxWorks ,pSOS, VRTX.
>
>     Can you give me some information how can to do this, where can i get some
>materials in these area?
>
>     Tanks you very much.

There is realtime extensions for Linux, but given your other requirements,
Linux might not be what you are looking for. Take a look at eCos (you'll
find it at sourceware.cygnus.com)

Vidar Hokstad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  | VH Consulting - Linux and Unix software
 <URL:http://www.hokstad.com/>     |     development and concept design