While dealing with a pull-the-plug scenario for
an embedded linux pump controller, I have browsed
this news group for some answers.

My idea was, and was also mentioned in a few postings,
to have the file system mounted ro and have all data stored
in a ram disk. At a specific time interval, the disk is remounted
rw and the data is written down to disk. The disk is then again mounted ro.

We can live with the risk of a shutdown in the writing phase, no
problem. But still there are some questions:

which parts of the file structure must be rw? Is /dev and /var enough?

Mount wont let me remount the disk -> ro after disk writes. Do you have
to do this in a special way or what?

magnus oe