Ayyadevara Shobhan Kumar wrote:

> Hi all
>
>     can we use Linux as a development plotform for VxWorks?
> Please let me know weather we can use it or not.

Yes.
You can use Linux and most other Unix like boxes.  You can even use
M$-Windows with the cygwin environment though you are more likely to
encounter problems.

You have to build the tools from the GNU sources.  ie. cross-compile
BINUTILS, GCC, NEWLIB and GDB for your processor-vxworks target.  You
basically have to give the configure script the correct target arguments
and you are away.  Someone else on the list may have done it already and
can give you the correct configure arguments.  If you are really lucky
someone might have some prebuilt binaries that you can download and use
straight away.

Brendan Simon.

Disclaimer:  I have never used VxWorks so don't ask me how to use it :)