>Maybe this can help
><http://www.dobit.com/emblin/embhowto.htm#ss8>

Thanks for the link... It would have been useful earlier but I solved my problem this
weekend.

I had 2 problems...

1) Something is flaky about the machine I using to test with... The debian boot/root
combo
don't work nor do most boot/root things I tried.  At least not with loadlin.... Trying
on
another machine worked...  More testing is needed to figure out exactly whats up but I
don't
have the time right now...

2) In the root disk I was building I use busybox for the all the sysfiles including
init.
By default the filesystem created by 'make install' of busybox uses symbolic links for
everthing.  This wont work for init when running from a initrd.  You have to use a
hard link
for init.  It appears that its only for init as the rest of the symbolic links seem
work.. I
guess the exec from the kernel dosen't do sym links.

--
Richard A. Smith                         Bitworks, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]               501.846.5777