Dear all

I am new to this list and I know 0 about embedded systems. (good
introduction, isn't it?:-))

We are working on a package, allowing to remotely monitor and control a
number of networked machines simultaneously and (largely) automatically.
So, instead of having to login to each machine to check load, number of
users, processes, etc. all this information would be collected
automatically, transferred to the central machine, logged, etc. And we
want to do it in a 'minimalistic' way. In particular, we are going to use
the atomicps device instead of reading the /proc/<pid> directories, so,
that machines could run with a much lighter procfs. For this I ported the
atomicps patch from 2.3.99-pre5 to 2.4.0. So, I am wondering, if such a
package could be of interest for embedded systems? I understand, many of
these systems are running with minimal resources, so, if you have a
network of such devices, wouldn't it be useful to have such a package to
control / monitor them? I know there are several such packages already,
but I don't think any of them specifically addresses embedded systems...

What do you think?

Thanks
Guennadi
___