Hello,
As I recall, I think that LEM uses tinylogin (am I correct on that?), with
"su" being a symlink to that. If that is the case, then you will need to
set the suid bit on tinylogin. If that isn't set, then try that.
Hope this helps.

George.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2001, Martin Bertilsson Haagen wrote:

> Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:36:57 +0200 (CEST)
> From: Martin Bertilsson Haagen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Problem with SU
>
> Hi
>
> In this embedded system I'm using a modified LEM 6.1. It has a read only
> root filesystem. I have a problem. I cannot login as root from network, or
> with su. This system will run without screen and keyboard, and I'll use
> telnet to admin/maintain it.
>
> I would like to be able to login as root or su to root, i cannot do
> either one. I have added ttyp0 and ttyp1 to /etc/securetty, still I cannot
> login as root with telnet.
>
> SU_WHEEL_ONLY is set to no in /etc/login.defs, but this doesn't help, I
> cannot su to root.
>
> I'll get prompted for password when su-ing or telnetting, but root has no
> passwd. I gave root a passwd, this didn't help.
>
> Any ideas how to solve this?
>
> /Martin
>

> --

George Fouse, President  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Quantum Technology Associates
www.quantumtek.net