I tried the things listed in the linked page, and more, and couldn’t get it
working.
What is odd is that I have done this before, with FAI 4.xx and a Wheezy client
install.

i’m currently using the latest FAI 5.xx and Jessie client.  I did try a
previous FAI 4.xx
and Jessie and it’s not working either.  Of course I’ve also updated from
Yosemite
to El Cap and from VB 4.xx to VB 5.xx since it all worked.  Too many moving
pieces.

Ron