Hi,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 06:31:31PM +0200, Ragnar Kj?rstad wrote:

> I'm talking about inheritence of extended attributes, not ACLs.
>
> I'm not sure, but I think it would be practical for the extended
> attribute interface to implement some kind of inheritence. If this in
> insufficent for ACLs; fine, the ACL module can just turn it off and
> implement it itself.

The whole point of the EA API was to remove implementation details
completely from the API!  We already have existing semantics for a lot
of filesystems where inheritance is forced on us by the existing
implementation: we *can't* enforce it in the API without breaking
implementations.  This really ought to be a filesystem-specific thing,
not an API thing.

Cheers,
 Stephen