On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 01:50:58PM -0400, Alexander Viro wrote:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Roman V. Shaposhnick wrote:
>
> >     2. at the same time can work with stackable or derived ( in C++
> >        terminology ) host objects like file->dentry->inode->phis.
>
> These are _not_ derived in C++ sense. Sorry.

  Ooops! I mean, aggregation, of course, but nevertheless I just try to
express the idea using less possible number of words.
  Ok, what about the idea ?

> > > Inode data pages are per-inode, not per-dentry or per-file-struct.
> >
> >   Frankly, inode data pages are file pages, because it is userspace files we
> > care of. Nothing more, nothing less.
>
>       You've missed the point here. We cache the data on the client
> side. _All_ openers share that cache.

   You mean local, client side openers ?

> IOW, we have a chance that data submitted by one of them will be sent with
> credentials of another. Nothing to do here.

   For now? Yes. But if we would be able to use "struct file *" than we could
store all meta information on a per opener basis. That's the idea. And we
could always separate one opener from another by syncing each and every
operation. Yes?

Thanks,
Roman.

P.S. I hope we are talking about same thing ? If not, example please.