"Roman V. Shaposhnick" wrote:

>   Hans, I do not want to be unpleasant, but you behave like an second level
> manager who can not get to the first level for quite a long time.

Ok, let me put it in different lingo.  Viro is a fucking asshole who makes life
miserable for people trying to add functionality to Linux.  What's more, he has
no imagination and his contributions do not begin to make up for the shit he
gives people like Gooch who is trying to add something that wasn't in System 7
and is therefor beyond Viro's ability to cope with.  It takes more than a
license to make source code open.  He shouldn't be let near the source code, his
existence is a net loss for Linux.

There, is that less like a second line manager?  If any of you prefer second
line manager lingo, stick with the previous email.:-)

In 2.5 we'll add stuff to VFS.  We might even try to sneak some stuff into 2.3
if Viro keeps 2.4 from being ready for another two weeks.

Hans