On Mon, 1 May 2000, Hans Reiser wrote:

> "Roman V. Shaposhnick" wrote:
>
> >   Hans, I do not want to be unpleasant, but you behave like an second level
> > manager who can not get to the first level for quite a long time.
>
> Ok, let me put it in different lingo.

[senseless flame]

Hans, what are you doing?  Is your real objective here to ruin any chance
of working well with Al Viro?  Suck it up, we are the new kids on the
block, and its our job to play nice with the existing kernel developers.
If you can't do that, go home now.

Al had legitimate gripes without first patch.  He helped us fix the
problems, read the code, and sent advice.  I wasn't wild about his
presentation style, but you don't have to read many l-k posts to see that
he treated us the same as everyone else.  I got over it, you need to as
well.

-chris