Hi Andrew,
I had just started reviewing both of thes scripts, and reviewed the
Multistate and clone resource pages on the web site. It looks like
multistate is how I need to handle it, but a couple of questions first.

1. I noticed that the write-up says the resource must come up on each of
the servers in "shadow" mode first, then one gets promoted. Does this
imply a "start" on both servers, and the OCF start function determining
which server is active vs shadow (I'm picturing a check in the OCF
script to determine postgresql standby mode = shadow/crm_master value
low, and postgresql active mode = active/crm_master value high), then a
promote to the active server?

2. I noticed that the drbd OCF script contains a "notify" function,
where the Stateful OCF script does not. The notify function looks to be
where the important actions are taken (calling drbd_start_phase_2,
pre/post, etc). Is the notify function necessary, or is it sufficient in
my case to handle it through the start|stop|promote|demote functions?

Thanks for your help,
Doug