Doug Knight wrote:
> Hi Alan,
> I've started testing my OCF script, and I'm seeing something unusual
> during initial startup. I've placed a crm_master call in my
> stateful_start function, after the function has determined that it is
> running on what should be the master, and postgresql has successfully
> started:
>
> crm_master -v 100
>
> When this command gets executed, it starts using nearly 100% CPU, memory
> usage continuously increases up to about 68%, then it dies (killed via
> timeout?), followed by a second attempt to go master (with the same
> charactistics, after the function timeout is exceeded), then a demote is
> sent (again, after timeout) and it switches to try to become the slave
> (crm_master -v 10 is what I use, though I'm not sure this is correct
> usage to say "I want to change to a slave). Eventually, I wind up with
> the resource in failed mode.
>
> First question, any idea why the straight line running of a crm_master
> -v 100 (not within any loops in my script) would spin up to 100%?

Bugs maybe?  What version of heartbeat are you running?  Which processes
are running up to 100%?  For how long?

> Second question, is using the crm_master -v with different values the
> way to say on which node I prefer the master to run (higher number =
> preferred node)?

Yes.  I believe that these are added into the values that come from
other constraints in your configuration file to come up with a best
configuration.

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wilberforce