On 2008-03-22T02:37:13, Joe Bill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First, I believe a loud "Happy Birthday" is in order
> for Alan's brainchild and all the fine people he
> gathered to give it a proper ... development ? :-) ...
> and to help Heartbeat lead it's little HA revolution
> in the world of open source.
>
> Here is my request: would it be possible to make
> Heartbeat pass along any user-defined parameter with a
> LSB init resource along the agent command when
> Heartbeat invokes it ?
>
> I tried doing exactly that:
> - define a LSB resource
> - define 2 unnamed parameters for that resource
> - make Heartbeat invoke the LSB resource.

What you're describing is the calling convention for class=heartbeat.
LSB scripts are, quite obviously, called like LSB scripts - that is, w/o
further parameters.

You could specify the full pathname for the heartbeat scripts as the
type, that should allow you to use that mechanism too.

Or use the OCF RA extensions, which are 100% LSB compatible - the script
can figure out whether it was called from a OCF-compliant resource
manager or as an init script?

Regards,
    Lars