On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:48:48PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2010-04-19T22:22:41, Lars Ellenberg <lars.ellenb...@linbit.com> wrote:
>
> > > - EvmsSCC and
> > > - Evmsd (both apply to EVMS, which is no longer maintained);
> > Fine with me, as newer distributions don't ship with EVMS anymore anyways.
> > Older distros (read: sles10) can easily keep the latest copy of those.
>
> Ah, damn ;-) I'd have preferred if it stayed, but yes, we can do that.
> In fact, we drop them when building for SLE 11, anyway.
>
> Maybe that's another option: --with-depreciated-ras=yes

Will be considered...

> > > - drbd (superseded by ocf:linbit:drbd);
> > Could possibly be replaced with a wrapper and continue to complain noisily.

> If it works and is auto-migrated, the warning shouldn't be "noisy" - the
> logs already are ;-)

That's the vicious circle:
if the noise level is too high, everyone starts shouting.

> If we can do it mostly under the lid, lets keep it there.

But then we never get rid of it.

> Switching the ra type is, after all, another of those changes that
> require a full restart of the resource (and thus service down-time).

maintenance-mode=on
s/ocf:heartbeat:drbd/ocf:linbit:drbd/g
# some other things that may be necessary
maintenance-mode=off

should do it, without downtime.

> Instead, if the depreciated flag is somehow available to the UIs, I
> think they should warn/reject definitions of new instances and suggest
> the new one (trivial).
>
> And, possibly, in "I want a pony!"-land, notice when the resource in
> question is stopped anyway and ask whether the user would like to switch
> it to the new RA ;-)

See above. Maintenance mode.
The most useful addition to pacemaker since the crm shell ;-)
Or did I put them in the wrong order...

--
: Lars Ellenberg