Hi Serge,

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 06:51:05AM -0600, Serge Dubrouski wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:51 AM, Lars Ellenberg
> <lars.ellenb...@linbit.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 01:31:07PM +0900, renayama19661...@ybb.ne.jp wrote:
> >> Hi Serge,
> >>
> >> I confirm the movement of your patch from now on.
> >> And I am going to contribute the patch of the change of loglevel of the
> >> monitor processing at the time
> >> of the start.
> >>
> >> However, there is a problem to your this patch.
> >> The -q option of the monitor is lost.
> >>
> >> -    runasowner -q "$OCF_RESKEY_psql $psql_options -c 'select now();'"
> >> +    runasowner "$OCF_RESKEY_psql $psql_options -c
> >> '$OCF_RESKEY_monitor_sql'"
> >
> > Make sure you properly shellescape OCF_RESKEY_monitor_sql first,
> > or you'll get unexpected results -- it may contain single qutotes itself.
>
> Thanks. Attached is the final (I hope) version of this patch.

runasowner "$OCF_RESKEY_psql $psql_options -c \"$OCF_RESKEY_monitor_sql\""

This version will expand some chars such as backquotes and
dollar (perhaps others). Is it likely that the sql code would
contain such chars? If so, then there should be a note about it
in the meta-data for the monitor_sql parameter. Otherwise, I
don't know how to prevent expansion unless inserting escape
chars, but that would probably turn out to be very messy.

Cheers,

Dejan