On 2011-02-09T18:22:09, Dejan Muhamedagic <deja...@fastmail.fm> wrote:

We need to get out of this "oh my god fear is bad I'm afraid" attitude
as a project/group. It doesn't make me happy.

> Right now, I think the best option would be to put your agent in
> /usr/lib/ocf/resource.d/testing and ask people to help test it
> and log that as well from the old db2 resource agent (sth like
> "this db2 RA is about to be deprecated, please try ocf:testing:db2").

I think this is a horrible idea, in particular logging in the "stable"
code base. And having them change their configurations back and forth.

Think about the message this sends to users: "OK, so this RA is going to
be depreciated; I don't want to use that! But that RA is classified as
'testing', I don't want something unstable either! I'll go use
Veritas!"

Regards,
    Lars

--
Architect Storage/HA, OPS Engineering, Novell, Inc.