On 04/21/2011 01:30 AM, Dominik Klein wrote:
>> Am I too paranoid?
> I don't think you are. Some non-root pratically being able to remove any
> file is certainly a valid concern.
>
> Thing is: I needed an RA that configured a cronjob. Florian suggested
> writing "the" symlink RA instead, that could manage symlink. Apparently
> there was an IRC discussion a couple weeks ago that I was not a part of.
>
> So while the symlink RA could also do what I needed, I tried to write
> that instead of the cronjob RA (which will also come since it will cover
> some more functions than this one, but that's another story).
>
> So anyway, maybe those involved in the first discussion can comment on
> this, too and share thoughts on how to solve things. Maybe they had
> already addressed these situations.

Drbdlinks was never converted to an OCF RA, that I recall.  It handles
cases of needing to restart the logging system when you changed symlnks
around - mainly for chroot services.  I've used it for many years.  You
can find the source for it here:
     http://www.tummy.com/Community/software/drbdlinks/

It's pretty well thought out, and works quite well.  I'd certainly look
it over before reinventing the wheel.

--
     Alan Robertson<al...@unix.sh>

"Openness is the foundation and preservative of friendship...  Let me claim
from you at all times your undisguised opinions." - William Wilberforce