Rather than going into ACLs in more detail, I wanted to highlight that
however we limit access to the CIB, the resource agents still _execute_
as root, so we will always have what would normally be considered a
privilege escalation issue.

Now, we could agree on security guidelines for RAs, and some of those
would certainly be no-brainers to define (such as, don't ever "eval"
unsanitized user input), but I refuse to even suggest to tackle any such
guidelines before the OCF spec update has gotten off the ground.

One such thing that could be added to the spec would be optional meta
variables named "user" and "group", directing the LRM (or any successor)
to execute the RA as that user rather than root. Just an idea.

Cheers,
Florian