I agree about avoiding the feature to sync config files.  My typical
recommendation is to use drbdlinks and put it on replicated or shared
storage.  In fact, I do that at home, and are doing it for a current
customer.

By the way, Sean has recently revised drbdlinks to support the OCF
API.  (In fact, it supports all of the OCF, heartbeat-v1 and LSB APIs).

http://www.tummy.com/Community/software/drbdlinks/

You can find his source control for it on github:
     https://github.com/linsomniac/drbdlinks