On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM, Dejan Muhamedagic <de...@suse.de> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 10:33:05AM -0400, Chris Bowlby wrote:
>> Hi Dejan,
>>
>> It has been recommended, that required options should not have default
>> values.
>
> Definitely they cannot have defaults. Sorry, I should've been
> more precise.
>
>> The initial version of the script had a default for that
>> variable, but chrooted_path was not required. During the revision's
>> suggested by Andreas and Florian, chrooted was converted into a
>> required, and unique, variable, with no default.

I am with Dejan on this one. People sometimes have their own ideas what
"required" and "default" means in this case and make these arguments
almost unusable.

If /var/lib/dhcpd is what most people would have to type in, don't make it
required and make it a default. If someone enters "nothing", the default
value should be used. So somewhat confusingly even if it is required
parameter for your RA, it is a non-required OCF parameter. :)

Rasto

--
Dipl.-Ing. Rastislav Levrinc
rasto.levr...@gmail.com