Hi Junko-san,

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 05:18:36PM +0900, Junko IKEDA wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a small patch for Filesystem RA.
>
> When we mount a shared storage without OCF_CHECK_LEVEL parameter,
> Filesystem_stop() has possibly to cause an unexpected timeout.
>
> For example;
> (1) mount the shared storage without OCF_CHECK_LEVEL
> (2) disconnect Fibre Channels
> (3) service heartbeat stop
>
> When Filesystem_stop() is called, it tries to remove the STATUSFILE on
> the shared storage.
> STATUSFILE is only created when OCF_CHECK_LEVEL is set as 20,
> RA can not access it and time-out.
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/Filesystem#L756
>
> In the default (without OCF_CHECK_LEVE), it's enough to try unmount
> the file system, isn't it?
> https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/Filesystem#L774

I don't see a need to remove the STATUSFILE at all, as that may
(and as you observed it) prevent the filesystem from stopping.
Perhaps to skip it altogether? If nobody objects let's just
remove this code:

 758         if [ -f "$STATUSFILE" ]; then
 759             rm -f ${STATUSFILE}
 760             if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
 761                 ocf_log warn "Failed to remove status file ${STATUSFILE}."
 762             fi
 763         fi

Cheers,

Dejan