Hi Lars,

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 01:35:16PM +0200, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2012-05-08T12:08:27, Dejan Muhamedagic <de...@suse.de> wrote:
>
> > > In the default (without OCF_CHECK_LEVE), it's enough to try unmount
> > > the file system, isn't it?
> > > https://github.com/ClusterLabs/resource-agents/blob/master/heartbeat/Filesystem#L774
> >
> > I don't see a need to remove the STATUSFILE at all, as that may
> > (and as you observed it) prevent the filesystem from stopping.
> > Perhaps to skip it altogether? If nobody objects let's just
> > remove this code:
> >
> >  758         if [ -f "$STATUSFILE" ]; then
> >  759             rm -f ${STATUSFILE}
> >  760             if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
> >  761                 ocf_log warn "Failed to remove status file
> > ${STATUSFILE}."
> >  762             fi
> >  763         fi
>
> That would mean you can no longer differentiate between a "crash" and a
> clean unmount.

One could take a look at the logs. I guess that a crash would
otherwise be noticeable as well :)

> A hanging FC/SAN is likely to be unable to flush any other dirty buffers
> too, as well, so the umount may not necessarily succeed w/o errors. I
> think it's unreasonable to expect that the node will survive such a
> scenario w/o recovery.

True. However, in case of network attached storage or other
transient errors it may lead to an unnecessary timeout followed
by fencing, i.e. the chance for a longer failover time is higher.
Just leaving a file around may not justify the risk.

Junko-san, what was your experience?

Cheers,

Dejan