Okay...I got a working heartbeat setup...but...now I'm curious and can't figure
a way around this. Wondering if you guys have any idea.

Currently, I have two SLES running DRBD and Heartbeat. Here are the configs:

Server A
LAN 1: 192.168.15.30/255.255.255.0
LAN 2: 10.0.0.2/255.255.255.0

Server B
LAN 1: 192.168.15.31/255.255.255.0
LAN 2: 10.0.0.4/255.255.255.0

LAN 1's is connected to the main network switch. LAN 2's are connected to each
other via a crossover cable. Heartbeat is serving up MySQL and a floating IP
address of 10.0.0.5/255.255.255.0.

The question I'm having is...if the crossover cable breaks for any
reason...heartbeat never fails over (as the servers are technically still
alive), but the service is no longer accessible (as they're trying to access it
via 10.0.0.5).

What is the best way to get around this problem? I want to make it where the
service is/will still be available whenever ONE of the connection is broken..as
the fail over doesn't occur until both connections die. Any ideas?
--

Howard Yuan
I.T. Department