Dejan Muhamedagic wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 02:33:28PM -0400, Bjorn Oglefjorn wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply Dejan.  My responses are inline.
>> --BO

>>> (process
>>> Hmm, I think that this has been addressed as Alan had already
>>> pointed out, probably after the 2.0.7 release. If you can, please
>>> upgrade to 2.0.8.
>>
>> I'd prefer to stick with the package that comes from CentOS extras (2.0.7).
>
> I'd prefer the other way around :) Unless you have a very good
> support contract with your supplier, but in that case we probably
> would be hearing from them and not from you :)  For better or
> worse (probably the latter, because you people would prefer a more
> stable thing :-/), heartbeat development is very fast and the
> number of things fixed from one to the next release is
> substantial.
>
>> I don't get this error all the time, so I'm not sure why it's happening.
>> Can someone give me a deeper explanation of what the lrmd doesn't like here?
>
> I can't. If popen(3), read(2), EAGAIN, and SIGPIPE make any sense
> to you, perhaps you can figure it out :) Seriously though, I think
> it was a bug to treat the EAGAIN the way it has been treated in
> 2.0.7 in lrmd.

I can.

The LRM closed the pipe after the start operation completed.  If there
were any child processes which were still running, their stdout/stderr
would be a pipe with no one to read from it -- ever.

If the service you started with the init script ever wrote even one line
to stdout after the start operation failed, that process would die with
SIGPIPE as the cause of death.

This message WAS CORRECT for the lrmd.   We rewrote it to not close the
pipe until the other end closed the pipe in 2.0.8.

I'm pretty sure that the CENTOS people now have a 2.0.8 version.

--
    Alan Robertson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Wilberforce