On Tuesday 10 April 2007 10:15:03 Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> However, it still gets passed in - just as OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_interval,
> to show the distinction to an instance parameter.
>
> >     # on probe (== exclusive) always report process not running
> >       ql_log warn "OCF_RESKEY_interval = ${OCF_RESKEY_interval}"
> >       if [ -z "$OCF_RESKEY_interval" ] || [ "$OCF_RESKEY_interval" = 0 ];
> > then ql_log warn "Returnig ${OCF_NOT_RUNNING}"
> >         return ${OCF_NOT_RUNNING}
> >       fi
>
> Ugh. Even probe shouldn't always return "not running", but the actual
> state. This seems like a weird work-around for an otherwise broken
> monitor action, or am I missing something ...?

Well, once OCF_RESKEY_interval was set, it didn't return "not running", of
course. The variable was/is mis-used to tell heartbeat that a resource
started *before* the startup of the heartbeat-resource-groups shall only be
monitored.
So on the startup of the resource group, it shall not be killed first and it
shall not have an effect on the other members of this resource group.

If you know another way to achive this, I would be glad to hear.
And thanks a lot, for now we will use OCF_RESKEY_CRM_meta_interval, though I
guess it will also go away on future version.

Thanks,
Bernd

--
Bernd Schubert