On 4/10/07, Bernd Schubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Tuesday 10 April 2007 14:07:54 Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
> On 2007-04-10T12:02:30, Peter Kruse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >But when you return the proper status - running, failed, not running -,
> > >heartbeat should do the "right thing" automatically when it finds the
> > >resource active prior to heartbeat being (re-)started?
> >
> > The point is, that we misuse heartbeat to monitor a process, that
> > maybe already running before heartbeat starts, like cron.  And we
> > don't want heartbeat to stop it when it's already running.  Therefore
> > on probe we return not running.
>
> But, it will NOT be stopped if it is running!
>
> Only if your configuration says that it shouldn't be active where it
> is.

I'm also not convinced yet that we really need it anymore, but for now we just
want to keep the old behaviour of our scripts.

[...]

> You can use per-operation specific parameters in the CIB as well. You
> can define a special monitor op with interval="0"; the instance
> parameters defined there will be passed to the startup probe.

Ok, thats in principle fine, but won't that make two probe actions to run? So

no (and if it does, feel free to complain very loudly)

with our scripts one will return that the resource is *not* running and one
will return the resource *is* running?