On Nov 7, 2007, at 10:19 AM, Dominik Klein wrote:

Feel free to add it as an enhancement request in bugzilla - i think it makes a certain amount of sense (in general, not just in your case) to implement

Ok.

Read my first post again.
I read it a few times but found myself getting lost - maybe i was just having a bad day :-)

No problem. I was pretty sure this had to be read several times, but I could not make it any clearer. I tried though .. :)

1. monitor on A fails -> OCF_NOT_RUNNING
Now, instead of "demote A, promote B":
2. Stop/Start the resource on A
One can certainly have demote->stop->start->promote (all on A)
Does that help? The demote shouldn't be a problem for you because its a no-op.

Would help.
Demote on the not running resource would succeed, stop too. Start would propably succeed and promote would result in "master already; return SUCCESS"

Is this a configuration thing or would that have to be implemented in Linux-HA?

Configuration.
By the sounds of it, you just need failure stickiness to be zero for that resource.

The notify data will also tell you that you used to be a master and that no-one else is one at the moment... in theory that should be enough info to allow you to do something clever right?

I never dealt with the notify stuff yet. I will have a look at it.

http://linux-ha.org/v2/Concepts/MultiState#head-6c46b6ac3329cf29a3afb8eb7d549007b0d52311

Iirc "start" includes a monitor action (or "probe" called sometimes in this case).
Not really... we probe only when we dont know the current state of a resource on a node. So generally this only happens at startup or when the admin uses crm_resource -C

Ok. That's why i wrote "iirc" which could easily be false :)

Regards
Dominik