After much careful consideration, it is increasingly clear to some of us that the CRM needs to be a separate project rather than being bundled with Heartbeat.

As such, it has been decided that 2.1.3 will be the last release of a combined Heartbeat + CRM.

After this point, I will extract (only) the CRM code (of which I am the author) and maintain it as a new project that will eventually support both the Heartbeat and OpenAIS communications layers.

Except for the project's additional package that will need to be installed, users continuing to use Heartbeat messaging shouldn't notice any difference at all. The new project will be fully compatible with existing clusters and will continue to rely on Heartbeat for things like RAs, the LRM and support libraries like clplumbing.

As more details of the project are decided upon we will make them available at the CRM's new home:
  http://www.clusterlabs.org

I will remain on these lists to answer questions, however all CRM development (including bug fixes) will occur as part of the new project.

In closing, I'd like to thank all our users and testers over the last 4 years. We hope for your continued support as we work to provide the best cluster resource manager available.

Regards,
Andrew