On Jan 23, 2008, at 1:12 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

Hi,
Andrew Beekhof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 22, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

deinstalling heartbeat-2.1.3-3.2 only works with --noscripts because
of the
following error:
/usr/lib64/heartbeat/heartbeat: error while loading shared libraries:
libstonith.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
..failed
error: %preun(heartbeat-2.1.3-3.2.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit
status 1

hmmm

I see
   %restart_on_update heartbeat

in the postun section which looks suspicious, but preun looks sane
enough:

%preun
%if 0%{?suse_version}
  %stop_on_removal heartbeat
%endif
%if 0%{?fedora_version}
  /sbin/chkconfig --del heartbeat
%endif

was heartbeat-common still installed at the time?

first I tried to deinstall all together via rpm -e ...
then it failed for the heartbeat- package, the rest was not installed

ok - that would explain the error then (since the stonith lib is part of -common) i wonder how rpm was able to remove heartbeat-common without removing heartbeat first...

do you remember the initial error?

anymore. Then I retried to deinstall heartbeat- again, but it failed again
with above error. Then only a rpm -e --noscripts helped.

Sebastian