Hi,

On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 05:43:00PM +0800, Xinwei Hu wrote:
> Hi all,
>   It turns out that the suicide stonith plugin doesn't work with crm in
> v2.1.3.
>
>   The reason is crm stopping all managed resources on the node before
> it is fenced. However, when the suicide stonith resource is moved
> away, it can't suicide the node anymore.

:)

>   I saw some discussion about the suicide plugin on this list before,
> but seems nobody actually used it.
>
>   Can we have workaround on this ?

The stonith daemon prevents node from shooting itself. I wonder
if it ever worked or, if it did, it must have been with some
earlier version of stonithd. One good reason for such a behaviour
is that, obviously, the cluster can't get confirmation of such a
stonith operation.

This plugin could be used for testing, but for the most part it
could be replaced by the ssh plugin. Which are your
circumstances?

Thanks,

Dejan