On 2008-02-21T14:35:30, Doug Lochart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So now I am walking through my ha.cf with "crm off" (yes I want to get
> this working in version 1 then convert my haresources to cib format
> afterwards).

I don't think this approach is going to make you very happy. v2 is quite
different in all resource matters, compared to v1.

> 1) There are a number of handlers that can be used in drbd, here are a few:
>     # what should be done in case the node is primary, degraded (=no
> connection) and has inconsistent data.
>     pri-on-incon-degr "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
>
> This will forcibly halt the local node.  Since heartbeat is in control
> I would assume that stonith should be the only thing doing the
> powering down.  Do I simply comment out this handler?

It's not harmful, though. Otherwise, heartbeat will simply shut it down
anyway.

> 2)     # The node is currently primary, but lost the after split brain
> auto recovery procedure. As as consequence it should go away.
>     pri-lost-after-sb "echo o > /proc/sysrq-trigger ; halt -f";
>
> This again will forcibly halt the local node.  I know the value above
> should not be there but I am not sure what to put there in its place
> if anything.

heartbeat will demote one primary anyway.

> 3) # Commands to run in case we need to downgrade the peer's disk
> state to "Outdated". Should be implemented by the superior
>     # communication possibilities of our cluster manager. Update: Now
> there is a solution that relies on heartbeat's
>     # communication layers. You should really use this.
>     outdate-peer "/usr/lib/heartbeat/drbd-peer-outdater -t 5";
>
> Okay so I should use heartbeats communication layers according to the
> comment.  Then does that mean I simply comment out this handler?

This smells of drbd8 + v2; I don't know.

> 4) # The node is currently primary, but should become sync target
> after the negotiating phase. Alert someone about this incident.
>     pri-lost "echo pri-lost. Have a look at the log files. | mail -s
> 'DRBD Alert' [EMAIL PROTECTED]";
>
> This just tells me that this node was primary and now is in secondary.
>  Before it becomes primary again it needs to be the target
> of a sync.  Here I simply send an email notifying me that this happened.
>
> What I do not understand is how does the sync materialize?  I assume
> that this is always manual task?

It happens automatically, and it means the primary gets data
overwritten, which is rather bound to upset the applications/fs on top.

Regards,
    Lars