Dejan Muhamedagic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 06:21:58PM +0100, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering today why some of the resources in the cluster behaved
> > strangely, e.g. did not reacted on "start/stop/clean up" when clicking
in
> > the GUI. Then I tried this with crm_resource, and it was whining because
the
> > target_role matched twice, and it did not know, which one to use. So I
took
> > a look at the CIB, and found sth. like below, for a bunch of resources:
> >
> >      <primitive id="AFH_4" class="ocf" type="Box" provider="heartbeat">
> >        <instance_attributes id="AFH_4_instance_attrs">
> >          <attributes>
> >            <nvpair id="2dcafdc2-ca00-4fb9-988d-0e6a47b00bdc"
name="binary"
> > value="/pps/sw/bin/PPS/Control-BoxThread"/>
> >            <nvpair id="bc0f4c3c-6194-44d3-ac8b-0f7f1f22030f"
> > name="dropbox_pid_file"
value="/var/run/Dropbox/ArchiveFileHandler.pid"/>
> >            <nvpair id="fd1b2219-756c-4a7a-8a32-48bd7e87dccf"
name="box_id"
> > value="4"/>
> >          </attributes>
> >        </instance_attributes>
> >        <meta_attributes id="e9bd06f9-926e-4193-b0a2-53889f66cb00">
> >          <attributes/>
> >        </meta_attributes>
> >        <meta_attributes id="AFH_4-meta-options">
> >          <attributes>
> >            <nvpair id="AFH_4-meta-options-target_role"
name="target_role"
> > value="stopped"/>
> >          </attributes>
> >        </meta_attributes>
> >      </primitive>
> >

> > note the double meta_attributes. I know, I've no configuration files
here,
> > as I have no idea, when this happened in the last one or two days. I'm
just
> > asking, maybe someone has seen sth. like this before, and maybe could
share
> > the info what might have caused it?
>
> Really can't say. The one with the longish id was most probably
> created by the GUI. The CRM won't touch an attribute if it finds
> more than one. Then the id must be specified as well. The only
> solution is to drop one of the meta_attributes or
> instance_attribute sets. The GUI however can't do that
> automatically (though it probably wouldn't even try at this
> stage) as only a human can figure out which one should be gone.
> I'm not sure what is the benefit of having more than one set of
> meta_attributes in a resource.  This is not exactly a bug, but I
> think that it deserves a bugzilla entry since it leads to a very
> confusing and unexpected behaviour. Can you please file one?

Your conclusions are more or less the same, I had.
However, I'll create a bug report later. unfortunately, still no idea how it
happened. We removed the duplicate entries, replacing the CIB
(cibadmin -R -o resources), then everything was working normal again. We try
to fiddle around a bit with the cluster, to try to reproduce the problem.
When we figure out, what caused it, then I'll add this to the bug report
too, but I'm not very optimistic about that yet ;)

thanks
Sebastian