Am Freitag, 19. September 2008 08:04 schrieb lakshmipadmaja maddali:
> Hi all,
>
>   I have seen  parameter monitor_scripts in the Xen RA. i didn't found such
> hooks for other
> virtualization techniques.I was trying to write script manually to get the
> status of resources present in
> virtual machine.can anyone help me how to proceed to find the status of
> resources present in VM.

monitor_scritp in Xen RA is used in the monitor section of the RA. It calls
the script to check if the resources inside the VM still are working. you
would have to write the script and the tests by you own.

You can easily use check scripts from nagios or mon projects.

There are no such hooks in the other RA for VM, namely in vmware or vserver.
Please feel free to implement such monitor_script parameter in the monitor
section of the other RA.

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
MultiNET Services GmbH

mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: www.multinet.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: 85630 Grasbrunn
Geschäftsführer: Günter Jurgeneit, Hubert Martens

---

PGP Fingerprint: F919 3919 FF12 ED5A 2801 DEA6 AA77 57A4 EDD8 979B
Skype: misch42