Hello

Sorry about the vagueness of this post: I don't have all of the log files to
hand at this moment.

I have a two node HA cluster on SLES 10 SP2 (64 bit). I am having problems
getting the riloe plugin to work properly. The riloe script works fine when run
it from the command line (i.e. when I run "riloe status" I get a RC of 0). But
when I run the riloe from a clone resource the resource will not start and the
ha-log indicates an error and a RC of 6 - I think the error indicated an empty
"hostlist" which is not actually true as this parameter is definitely
populated. Having read through the riloe script I cannot see anywhere that it
returns a RC of 6 so I don't know where that is coming from? I saw another post
that requested a full list of return codes (and meanings) for stonithd but I
don't know if this was ever answered?

Funny thing is I have two nodes (let's say A and B), each with a HP ILO. There
are two clone resources, one for each ILO and for each clone I have set
clone_node_max = 1 and clone_max = 2. The stonith resource for ILO-B starts on
node A but the stonith resource for ILO-A will not start on node A - they use
the same riloe plugin and it works when run manually? Note that node B has not
been built yet (i.e. no OS) but it is powered on. This behaviour (of stonith
for ILO-A not being allowed to run on node A alone) might be entirely by
design, but I don't think it is documented so it is confusing me greatly. If I
change the "hostlist" parameter of the ILO-A clone to be something other than
"A" then it runs fine - so this seems to support this notion but I was just
trying to get some feedback from the mailing list on this. I suppose it is
reasonable that stonith won't run of it is only able to suicide and no other
node can kill it but if the return codes were documented or this behaviour was
identified in the documentation it would make things so much easier. Of course
I might be barking up the wrong tree and there may be another reason for
stonithd for ILO-A on node A not starting and if anyone has any ideas it would
be much appreciated.

Simon

Network Ten Pty Ltd ABN 91 052 515 250

Network Ten Disclaimer.
This e-mail (including all attachments) is intended solely for the
named addressee. If you receive it in error, please let us know by
reply e-mail, delete it from your system and destroy the copies.
This e-mail is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be
reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of
the copyright owner. E-mails may be interfered with, may contain
computer viruses or other defects and may not be successfully
replicated on other systems. We give no warranties in relation to
these matters. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an
e-mail purportedly sent by us, please contact us immediately.