From: linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org
[mailto:linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org] On Behalf Of Dave Blaschke
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 6:04 AM
To: General Linux-HA mailing list
Subject: Re: [Linux-HA] Help with STONITH plugin

Gruher, Joseph R wrote:
Hello-

We are writing our own external STONITH module.  When I copy the plugin to the
/usr/lib64/stonith/plugins/external directory I do not see it show up in the
hb_gui, even after rebooting the system.  Our developer has also experienced
this issue, but also sometimes does see the plugin show up in hb_gui.

Aside from copying the plugin script file to the external directory, are any
steps required to get the plugin to show in the hb_gui?  Is there a way to
force the GUI to rescan the directory for new plugins?
Not sure about the GUI, does your plugin show up on the command line with stonith -L? If not are the attributes correct? The plugin needs to be a regular, executable file that is NOT writable by group or others (done for security purposes I believe).
Thanks!

-Joe